Monday, March 3, 2008

Shangrlatida


IMG_6848.JPG
Originally uploaded by hilarydarling
I love music. Especially good music. So, when a good friend told me I had to check out the Shangrala CD Release party at Jack Rabbits on February 15th, I headed her advice. Particularly because she doesn't usually recommend things of this nature, so when she does, I pay attention.

There is something even better than just good music, in general. It's good music that comes out of your home town. It just feels better. For some reason it has this connectedness. Not that I have any claim to this goodness, but it makes me feel a little cooler that I get to experience it before others, perhaps. (Although not that many others, as I have just discovered it.) Or that years down the road, pending possible great success, I can say I knew them when. Or whatever it is. Its just a great thing.

Shangrala is really good. And they're from Jacksonville. Even betta.

No comments: