Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Scrabble Discovery: Frank Chimero

So, I am full on, unabashedly, helplessly, and hopelessly addicted to Scrabble. I play online with a few friends, pretty obsessively, on a daily basis. One of my favorite pastimes with Scrabble is trying to discover new crazy words... For example, "Vav" is a word I recently discovered through Scrabble that means:
A family of proteins involved in cell signalling. They act as guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) for small G proteins of the Rho family. GEF activity is mediated via module of tandem DH-PH domains. Vav proteins also appear to exhibit GEF-independent functions.
 Another recent awesome Scrabble discovery was the graphic Designer and Illustrator, Frank Chimero. [I was trying to find a new word and Chimero arranged itself on my tray, which I confused momentarily with Chimayo, a wonderful, tiny town in New Mexico where I had a spiritual awakening of sorts.]


"State/California"  by Frank Chimero


I love the simplistic, creative, and colorful approach of his designs. Especially this one about California, a state with which I have a real love/hate relationship. And a deep-rooted, possibly past-life longing for, but just can't go back to. Kind of like me and cigarettes. Delicious, but kind of evil.

He has some awesome band posters under his creative belt, as well. Check out his awesomeness!

No comments: