Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clothes are life and life is me, or something.

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?


I wore this outfit on a day trip with my mom. It was chilly and crisp outside.
We went shopping for hours, had lunch over salads and margaritas, talked
life and enjoyed the outdoors. Simple pleasures.]

Today is rainy and dark and somewhat chilly and perfectly appropriate for pondersome thoughts. Spent the morning at the NPR studios in the Electro Lounge office listening to amazing recordings of Elvis singing "Fever" and watching Broadway performers give interesting interviews. Life is good.

But, there is always more. Always something more important. My people. I love you. Thank goodness we can all have people. It makes it all worth while.

Recently, I have been considering a venture into some "fashion blogging". Not sure how I feel about this. I love to read fashion blogs, and have gotten an itch to display my own tastes and let it represent me from the outside in. I struggle with its frivolity, but its fun and life is fun and clothes are life and life is me. Or something.


[Maroon ankle boots from a day trip into the mission in San Fransisco.
Brown tights and chunky rhinestone bracelet various Christmas presents from Mom.
Denim high-waisted shorts ordered directly from London.
Cream blouse FOR Ireland honeymoon with Justin.
Mustard tie-dyed cardigan from one of my many random online splurges.
Sunglasses a recommendation from the lady at the counter in the
local vintage shop, Clothing Warehouse.]

Seems more consequential to describe what these items mean to me. Clothes do describe the person, whether we want them to or not. And I love the stories that each of my pieces tell me. Maybe only I will be the only person to know the stories as I put each outfit together, but they make me.

Today I have been enjoying the latest song from Pearl Jam, Just Breathe. A significant ballad about what really matters in life. You know, love.

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see...
No one knows this more than me,
As I come clean.

-Pearl Jam, Just Breathe.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love ur fashion style so i ll say go for it.

hilarydarling said...

thanks gin! i knew when i saw you wearing that amazing oversized wrap in italian class we were meant to be friends.