Monday, January 18, 2010

Who would you rather be, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

The age old question. I choose Beatles [hands down]. Justin chooses the Rolling Stones [double hands down]. I think, over the years, we have swayed each other a bit towards the middle.


[Peace on Earth.]

After our trip down memory back alley way at Vinyl Fever during our latest trip to Tallahassee, Justin and I drove over to Railroad Sqaure, a place so cool most cities could never even envision something so amazing. A tiny little artsville. A place that really can't possibly exist, full of art filled warehouses, creatives wandering the tiny roads, colors splashed across the eyelids, and a complete rejection of life as we know it written all over it's entire being.

We were looking for the vinyl store. What we found was a dusty, whole in the wall [purposeful typo] place with records lining the walls, vintage stereos stacked against each other, and one single man making sure it all came together roughly.


[Art on another level.]


[Goal in life. Have a room like this. - Justin]


[Come on baby, play me something.]

Heaven.

What is old is new is old is new.
I can feel it in my bones
Gimme sympathy
After all of this is gone
Who'd you rather be?
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
Oh, seriously
You're gonna make mistakes, you're young
Come on, baby, play me something
Like, "Here Comes the Sun"
Come on, baby, play me something
Like, "Here Comes the Sun"
-Metric, "Gimme Sympathy"

No comments: