Sunday, November 15, 2009

Been to Bento?

Lately I have been hitting the jackpot of new delicious restaurants and bars. All hits, no misses. No exception was the delectable Pan Asian and Sushi lunch I recently enjoyed with my mother and sister and sister friend at Bento Cafe.

Bento Cafe - Pan Asian and Sushi Cuisine has recently opened in the St. John's Town Center. Actually, just off the Town Center in one of the expanded centers that is, as far as I can tell, only distinguished by the name of it's "street" - Big Island Drive.

I ordered the High Tide Sushi Roll special of the day. It was a tasty mix of avocado, scallop, crab, maybe some cream cheese, and probably some other things [so shoot me, I forgot the ingredients] topped with eel sauce and some spicy mayo. It was delicious and fresh.

Mom got the Garlic and Broccoli Chicken Noodle Bowl [not to be confused with the Noodle Soup Bowl - finally some Noodle Soup!]. Chelsea got the Korean Beef Bento Box that was piled high with spicy strips of beef and vegetables, most notably the onion that even Chelsea enjoyed, a classic non-onion eater. And Katie got the Sweet and Sour Chicken Bento Box. The Bento Boxes were a nice platter of your chosen dish, flash fried green beans, salad, rice, and chow mein noodles.

I think I've said delicious too many times in this blog [some other adjectives were changed to attempt to avoid this situation - tasty, delectable... delicious always came first], but that was the sensation Bento left us with. None of us could decide which meal we liked most, each naming off every item on the table when trying to determine the culinary winner.


Some serious side eye.








I did run into a friend there at the same time who ordered the Pad Thai and was left disappointed. Her Pad Thai was "orange" and not "peanuty enough". So, maybe don't get the Pad Thai. Or try it for yourself.

One more thing - they don't serve alcohol. Yet.

2 comments:

katherine said...

oh my gosh yum. it doesn't get any better than bento boxes.

...& it'll be even better after they get their alcohol license, eh :)

Unknown said...

We need to go there next time we're in town! Looks amazing!