Friday, November 13, 2009

Royal Fingernail Treatment

I almost never get a manicure when I visit the nail salon. They undoubtedly will chip immediately upon exiting the building, sometimes before. And while I do think the occasional upkeep of the cuticals is a good idea, mine are not especially troublesome, as far as cuticals go. A manicure just doesn't really seem worth the time or the money.

However, this past Veteran's Day, my mom took my sister and I to get our nails done at Royal Essence Spa and Nails. They boast:
At Royal Essence Spa & Nails, we have %100 satisfaction guaranteed. We have a full complimentary bar with choices of wine, soda, water, and smoothies. At our spa, on weekend we have your favorite sports channel on so you can enjoy your service with full entertainment and relaxation.
Royal Essence Spa and Nails.

Vino.

Bathrooms. [Didn't actually see these, but they were
proud enough to put this photo on their website.]

The wine was nice. I had two glasses. I chose to get their Royal Super Deluxe Stone Pedicure, providing my lower extremities with 21 various treatments to make them fresh and girly again. The paraffin wax treatment and lengthy stone massage did wonders to my limbs and toes, but I am not sure it was entirely worth the $55 price tag.

However, what WAS amazing, royal, super, and deluxe was the $8 paint change on my fingernails I opted in for. My mom had explained that my chipping black nail polish looked a little like bats on my fingertips and encouraged me to free them from their caged lifestyle with a grin that only a mother can give. So I swapped it out for a vibrant red ["a dramatic color for a dramatic person" according to my mother, to which I explained that I was not "dramatic" but rather "bold"].

Solid like a rock. And yes, shameless self promotion of
The Color Purple going on in the background.

An entire 48 hours later and the paint is still on my fingers, chip free! I keep staring down at them every few minutes in amazement. I am not exactly the daintiest of ladies, and this is a feat I have never accomplished in probably my entire life. Well done Royal Essence. Well done.


Thus inspired to listen to Bob Seger's all time southern, Chevy truck-driving, mud-slinging classic, "Like A Rock". Although not quite the mental image of fingernail maintenance.

3 comments:

smitty said...

your mom is right -you are dramatic

mary said...

I am the same way about manicures! I love them more than anything and always want to stare at my fingers, but it is so depressing how quickly they get chipped.

Unknown said...

Oh and we should go here too!