Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hop to it, ol' kin!

Every. Single. Time. That Justin and I are in Tallahassee I make him take me to Hopkin's Eatery. It's a Tallahassee "landmark" of sorts, in the Sandwich Genre of landmarks. The food is always delicious and they serve Sprite Zero on tap. Something about creative sandwich creations sets my little heart a flutter. [Hence my other sandy love, European Street.]


[New Building. Same tasty delights.]


We ordered the Meatloaf Sandwich Special of the Day and the Cuban, mostly because I wanted something warm to fend off the frigid temperatures. The food was good. Sub par really. But, still unique and interesting and still Hopkins, which is all I really cared about. I don't know why, but even on a mediocre day, that place still gets me going. It's like a blankie and a four year old. Even shredded to pieces, still a treasure.


[Introspective Sandwich Moment #364]

 
[Introspective Receipt Moment #122938572396]

 
[Touche'. That Cuban was slightly odd.]

 
[Sandwich Side-eye.]


[Checking the Thermostat. Really.]
[Notice the hipsters.]


[Post Sandwich Consumption Seat Sink.]

Thank you Hopkins. See you soon.

3 comments:

mary said...

Where is this place and why have you never told me about it? Did you know I was in Tallahassee YESTERDAY? I ate Bagel Bagel. What a waste!

hilarydarling said...

if only i had posted this yesterday.

kellie said...

is this place across from Lake Ella on Monroe?? I have been trying to remember the name of it for.eve.er!! wanted to tell my cousin & aunt about it since she was a freshman (she graduates in May) - better late than never. that is of course if you confirm that's the place. funny memories about that place - linked to jason (or jaysun as he was known back then).

ah ... so glad I retroactively read your blog - haha