Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby it's Florida. Why is it so ridiculously cold outside?

At first, the below freezing temperatures were fun. Novel. Exciting. A chance to try my ways with bundling. A reason to have a fire every night [until Justin decided that the easy light logs were not economical]. An opportunity to expand the purposes of my wardrobe. A way to feel invigorated and sober after even a few glasses of wine. A real look at winter.


After almost a month of freezing temperatures, I've got to say, I'm over it.


[Leaving the madre-in-law's house Monday morning.]


[Passenger Airbag: Will not keep you warm.] 

 
 [Each one a unique, frozen tundra of a design.]

 
[Froze.]

Florida winter, feel free to return anytime you like. Today was better than yesterday and I think the worst may be over. Back in November I kept telling Justin that I suspected it would be a cold winter. Something about the way it came on slowly but steadily. Once arriving, not backing off. Holding its cool grip firmly around our once sun kissed limbs.


Tonight's low is 32 degrees Fahrenheit. But by Thursday we should be back to the 60's. I should be back to knowing how to dress. Back to wearing light jackets with cute blouses and scarves and no longer craving to go out in public in my robe and slippers because the thought of changing is painful. The grass should be once again soft and willowy instead of frozen and shardish. Justin should no longer have need to run outside at 2am to make sure the pipes are dripping. And I should be able to stop thinking so much about the weather.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually started enjoying it. I have been walking everywhere and more and more. I even walked my dogs this evening at 9pm. I am ready to move back to the north:)

Unknown said...

I actually started enjoying it. I have been walking everywhere and more and more. I even walked my dogs this evening at 9pm. I am ready to move back to the north:)

hilarydarling said...

i am such a floridian. cold + me = an invalid equation.

Unknown said...

Such beautiful words for such treacherous weather