Sunday, January 3, 2010

We will all bowl together when we bowl...

This past month has been a mere marathon of celebration. I am shocked Justin and I survived it all alive, kicking, and still interested in consuming anything into our bodies without going into an overindulgence shock first.


Pinelope Grace Spruceford. Our one under-indulgence [in tree size.]

There were the typicals... the pot lucks, the fancy dinners, the in-town guests, the nights on the town, the jumping from one side of the city to the next five times in one day, five days in a row, the complete absence of an entire event because we couldn't pull away from another, the over-consumption of wine/beer/baileys[thank you jana and chris]/red bull vodkas[for the many occasions we needed extra sustenance to keep on going]/champagne[six weeks worth of celebrating], and the ever expanding waistline[hello new years resolution, old chap].

But there are always some highlights. Like the Pajcic Family Christmas Party. After a delicious meal hosted by my lovely aunt, a few Christmas carols sung around the piano, prayers read, and stories told, the entire family heads over the the local Bowl America for one of our ever incessant competitions.


Let the games begin. 



Vicious competitors? Or fancy dancers?

 
My approach to the sport.

We are divided into three categories. A players [essentially all the men in the family], B players [the ladies of the bunch who strive to be A players], and C players [me, my cousin Katy, and the little children].


Deep inside, these are a winner's feet.

This year, I did a little team hopping after getting traded. Good for me [my first game I was hitting 22 points on the sixth frame, and made a whopping 84 points with my second crew], but unfortunately, also good for my first team as well. They ended up winning. Lame.


Team 1 - Post my departure. Look at those smiles.


Braggarts.

 
Selecting their winner's bounty?

 
Love.

 
Shaara pumping up with Team 2.

 
He carried us the entire game.

 
No hard feelings.

 In the end, even as a third rate participant, I love our familial match-ups [this being one of many]. It's jovial, slightly aggressive, good natured, always done with a smile and a hug, and provides the winning members bragging rights for the next 365 days. Salut.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.