Thursday, February 25, 2010

I like [love] Indian [Pakistani] food.

Justin and I are huge [HUGE] fans of Indian food. If I could, I might eat it every single day. Well, technically, I could. There is nothing really stopping me. But being that its fairly difficult to make [requiring lots of food processor usage] and there aren't any good Indian restaurants near our dwelling, I do not eat it every day.

  
Hello Apna & Apna Bazaar. Pakistani deliciousness and grocer. Pakistani and Indian are essentially one and the same. Just don't tell them I said so. Located on Beach Blvd. just before 9A, it is an unassuming establishment in the 1924874th strip mall of this great city.


However, the food is anything but unassuming. Poignant flavors, tender meats, garlicky naan and crispy somosas, and the. best. yogurt. sauce. we have ever tasted, created one of the best Indian Pakistani meals we have encountered in Jacksonville.

And best of all? It is CHEAP.

  The meal.

 

  Bone in Biryani. 

  
Frontier Chicken. Basically one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life. 
Sweet? Sour? Spicy? Salty? All of the above?
Best combo ever? 
Yes.
 

After dinner we headed to the Bazaar to pick up some crucial ingredients we had run out of. Most especially the garlic paste we have grown to crave in almost any dish, far beyond just our occasional home cooked Indian fare.

 

 Spicy.

We also picked up a generous bag of extra hot red pepper spice for $2.49 that, after a test run, holds more flavor and more delayed heat than any red pepper you will pick up at Publix. 

Soda pop. 

The owners are welcoming. The food is not as spicy as Justin and I would prefer, but the seasonings are so spot on that it doesn't really matter. If you like Indian food like we do, you should be sure to check this place out. And go next door and buy some Mixed Pickle when you're done. 

Yum.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am going to try this place!