Saturday, March 20, 2010

Denim is the New Denim is the New Denim

Denim will never go out of style. It is not a little known fact. From cowboys in the wild wild west to the upper east side... denim is a staple of any iconic wardrobe. I love denim. I would swim in denim if I could. Stitch it to my being. Wear it every single day. Maybe sleep in it. It's comfortable, comforting, goes with everything, can be dressed up, dressed down, and can be identified with any and every kind of look out there.

[Associated Press. Rampage Denim. See article here.]

This morning before heading outside to try and enjoy some of this amazing weather [Finalmente Florida. Geez.] I was perusing through the Florida Times Union over coffee and a scone when I came across this great article about this season's approach to denim. [Yes! I took fashion advice from the Florida Times Union. Or rather New York where they swiped the article from.]


I fell in love with one of the looks displayed on the inky, thin paper and decided to replicate. This is occasionally how I dress myself. Imitation. Most times I stand in my closet and at random grab things that appeal to me until something works out.

 [My five minute version.] [Okay I lied. More like my 30 minute version.]

I am clearly no model. At five-six and with a little more to love than your average model, I was worried the super fold of the jeans would make my legs look stumpy. But I think it worked out. I even tried to mimic her facial expression [which kind of came off like a dead fish... but still]. 

Point being, inspiration is everywhere. Even the Florida Times Union.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.