Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MIApril

[I should warn you now... went a little CAPS LOCK crazy.]

So, been taking a little break from blogging/social networking/plugging into the virtual world for the past month. Sometimes it happens. Typically post awesome vacation where I go and LIVE my life, don't think at all about how I can "report" my life to the mysterious masses that may or may not care. I remember all over again what it used to be like before there were cell phones and internet and when the words FACE and BOOK never went back to back EVER. Unless someone was threatening to hit your face with a book out of anger... and had really bad grammar/English skills? In which case, why were they holding a book? And maybe they should have been reading it?


However, enough time [weeks, multiples of weeks] have passed since returning from our amazing vacation in Californian Wine Country/Oakland/San Francisco. [That post will probably come later.] [Or, on second thought, I might just keep that little gem for myself.] [Or maybe in a few MORE weeks I won't care anymore as the numbness of the internet should have fully set back in.] [I am really not this jaded. I swear.]
Been spending time bonding with my cats. Bonding with my friends. Bonding with my family. Enjoying what this city has to offer [aka new bar THE LOFT -went to their grand opening, and aside from the creepy guy serving us drinks with a bad sense of humor... an AWESOME place. He really wasn't THAT creepy.]



Also, VERY excited to do THIS this weekend... WINGS & ROCK Festival, put on by my new favorite alternative rock radio station, X102.9. [Yes  I listen to alternative rock and yes I listen to radio and no I am not a jaded hipster completely. Or even really mostly. Just very slightly.]

Wings and beer and southern rock and being outside on a Saturday in Florida in April? Yes, please, to all of the above. Not done LIVING. Just done keeping it to myself. Almost.

Finally, in honor of this post, I will post a severely overplayed but still awesome [although never as awesome as the first time you heard it, or even the first 500 times you heard it] song.

3 comments:

smitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smitty said...

Was recently introduced to/in love with MIA :)
Glad to see you back on the blog horse- how else would I keep up?
Keep writing, love.

Kelliegirl said...

love that song! puts me in the space where I heard it the 1st hundred or so times - my brother's car, heading to or coming back from (or both)the BEACH. Perfect in April. This is me catching up on reading your blog. Kinda glad you took a break, means I have less to catch up on :)